Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holiday Bliss

We may not of had a "White Christmas" but spending part of the Holiday in shorts on a beautiful day hiking South Mountain ain't too bad of a consolation prize.



We hiked clear up to Fat Man's Pass. Gracie and I were able to squeeze through, but we did witness one lady who wasn't quite so lucky!


Gracie and Grandma take a breather.

Later on the trail a woman stopped my mom and I and said, "you two must be sisters, you look just alike." Great for my mom, not so good for me. Come on lady, I am still in my 20's!

Parker held his own leading the pack on the way up...coming down was a different story...the kids rode mules named Grandpa and Dad.

FYI: Sam built this fence at the trailhead for his eagle project 4 yrs ago. Big Sammy is coming home from his mish in just 8 days!


Maddie and Jack vying for some attention. Some things never change.

3 comments:

Tiff G. said...

The big lady who couldnt' get through the pass was me :) Yeah, I wish I could even hike up to fat man's pass! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun, I love AZ winters!!
Can't believe Sam gets home so soon, wow!

Dawn said...

Love the Christmas update. Looks like a great time and hiking in shorts in December is definately envious. That's so awesome Gracie is potty trained, way to go!! I LOVE her santa pants, they look sooo cute. I'll agree with you Christmas does get better and better thanks to kids.

Jamie said...

Oh South Mountain how I miss you...oh wait I don't miss the helicopters, gun shots, and robbers breaking into my house. But I do miss all my great friends. Cute pics!! While we were bundled in the snow you were out hiking. I am jelous