Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to School Night

Recipe Club has kicked off it's 3rd year! Molly and Jimmy started things off right with a fun theme "Pickett Cafeteria" where we enjoyed the fine cuisine from the good old days.Putting the invite in the pencil box was so cute and clever. I was assigned an appetizer, so of course I made the childhood classic "pigs in a blanket".
Things were official when Molly and Jimmy rocked hair nets while serving up our food on the same lunch trays we all remember from grade school.
We played the Elementary School picture game. Kirk was cute and awarded "Mama's Boy". However, my 1st grade photo resembled a girl right out of Colorado City. Being only 7 yrs. old I am blaming this fashion faux pas on my mom.
Who doesn't like getting a party favor? These apples were every bit as good as they look!





3 comments:

WinnFamily said...

How fun! That makes me wish we lived down there by you and Kirk and Liz and Mike.

The Dent Family said...

This is my kind of party. What a fun idea! Did Chris Farley show up and sing 'lunch lady land'?

I so want to ride a bus for four and some hours again. Bring Kirk this time!

love to the 520, Amy

Stephenson and Katie said...

That is SUCH a good idea!! I might have to copy it... We are coming on Halloween weekend-- we're for SURE getting together! I was thinkin maybe saturday night?or for lunch? I'll email you next week and we can plan...