Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ready...Set...Go!!

A gorgeous morning on South Mountain, the best running partner/coach next to my side, fresh legs, steady pace and then...MILE ELEVEN. Some genius decided that the last 2 miles of the race should be uphill!!?? I was not physically, emotionally or mentally ready for this! Not to mention, my stomach was getting the best of me. The last 2 miles were nothing short of a NIGHTMARE! As slow as the last mile was, I ran till the end and all things considered I am happy with my time. This was the 1st Half Marathon for my Dad and I. At 51 he is still the one leading the way and helping to push me through the race. Just emailed me with 2 new races he thinks we should do...I can't even think about it yet.
This is the form of someone who doesn't know if they can even make it 5 more feet to the finish line. After a few days of recovery I can finally admit this whole ordeal may have been worth it.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Way to kick asphalt, Brooke! I just wanted to say that so bad;it's been in the vault waiting! Don't hang up your running shoes just yet...the Villages loop needs you and so do I!

{autie} said...

HooraY!!!! I'm so excited for you. wish I had been there training with you all. miss you!

Tiff G. said...

Wahoo!! Way to go Brooke!! I'd love to hear all about it! You rock sista!!!

Krista said...

You are my hero.

cArPenTeRs - SteVeN AnD TiFfAnY said...

Brooke, Good job, i remember you saying you were going to run this. What an accomplishment! Hope to see you guys around the holidays with everyone.

Dawn said...

You are AWESOME!!!! I am so sorry I missed it, maybe next year!! I really am so proud of you. Way to go!

Maddie said...

Brookie! Wow, I had no idea you were preparing for a half! Way to go.... I think I might have to do some sort of Ghandi fast before I come home for Thanksgiving. You and dad look great!